I’m looking for a creative, up and coming web designer / front-end developer to help work with me on a range of exciting web design and development projects. Sound like you? Then read on! ATTENTION: This position has now been filled. Thank you for your interest.
About Authentic Style
Authentic Style is the web design and development company of freelancer Will Smith. Based in office space located in Shaftesbury, Dorset, Will has been freelancing successfully for 3 years and has built a reputation for creating beautifully designed websites, iPhone apps and email newsletter for his clients. Prior to that Will worked at several agencies and has 7 years experience in the industry, having produced design work for clients such as Vodafone, Google, 888 and AOL as well as smaller businesses and start-up companies from London to as far away as Tokyo, and also many of the places in between.
As the first member of the Authentic Style design team, you will be expected to produce original web design concepts for current and new clients using Adobe Photoshop. You will also be responsible for turning these design concepts into fully functioning websites, built using semantic HTML5/CSS3 to W3C standards. You will also be responsible for producing iPhone application designs for new and existing clients. You will be required to work enthusiastically with existing and new clients alike, and encouraged to have first hand contact with them, participating in meetings and phone calls. You’ll be someone who enjoys managing their own time, is passionate about design for the web and iPhone, who is looking for an opportunity to join a very small company on the rise and is able to commute to an office located in Shaftesbury, Dorset UK.
Essential Skills / Traits:
- Designing website concepts in Adobe Photoshop
- Coding these designs using HTML5/CSS3 that is valid and semantic.
- Experience using WordPress to build content managed websites.
- Willingness to keep up to date with the latest goings on – reading blogs, articles etc
- The ability to manage your own time and prioritise.
- Being able to cost up jobs from briefs (written or verbal) from a client.
- Confidence talking to clients over the phone and in face to face meetings.
- Most of all – raw design talent and a passion to learn.
Nice to haves…
- Using jQuery to enrich user experience
- Experience working with PHP.
- Print design experience using Adobe InDesign
- Experience designing for iPhone.
- Knowledge of mobile web design/dev best practises
- Email Newsletter design experience.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
- A new iMac to work on.
- An office Spotify account for inspirational tunes whilst working
- A relaxed and friendly working environment with no strict dress code.
- The chance to potentially work on some in house web design / iPhone app projects as well as client work
Want to Apply?
Great! Please send an email to will[at]authenticstyle.co.uk, with examples of your work and a link to your online portfolio. I look forward to hearing from you!
Would you like to be notified each time we post new digital media?